IQ Home Modbus-RTU Master
IQ Home ModBus-RTU master device enable to access ModBus-RTU slave devices over IQRF Network. Using Modbus-RTU master device user are able to send Modbus RTU request and receive Modbus RTU responses. The Modbus-RTU master device bridge the IQRF Network and the RS-485 communication Modbus-RTU network. The device implements slave role on IQRF Network side and Master role on RS-485 Modbus-RTU network side. ModBus-RTU master device can handle up to 31 slave devices on RS-485 Modbus-RTU network side.
1.1. Typical usage
With IQ Home ModBus-RTU master device the user can access and control ModBus-RTU devices from cloud.
Typical request data flow:
Cloud Software ➡️ [Internet connection / MQTT protocol] ➡️ IQ Home Gateway ➡️ [IQRF Network] ➡️ IQ Home ModBus RTU Master ➡️ [Modbus RTU on RS485] ➡️ Modbus slave device
Typical response data flow:
Modbus slave device ➡️ [Modbus RTU on RS485] ➡️ IQ Home ModBus RTU Master ➡️ [IQRF Network] ➡️ IQ Home Gateway ➡️ [Internet connection / MQTT protocol] ➡️ Cloud Software
Next pictures show the typical usage architecture:
2. Product models
ModBus-RTU master device
2.1. Key features
1 bit for Even parity -> 1 stop bit
IQRF - DPA
Local state feedback
PWR is lighting
Active RS-485 communication
CMD is blinking
Active RF communication
RF is blinking
from -40°C to +85°C
from -40 °C to +85 °C
from 10 % to 85 %
Input voltage - AC
85-265 VAC (47-63 Hz) or 120-370 VDC
Main power is galvanic isolated from RS-485 bus
Mechanical and enclosure specification
Product dimension (outline)
Box 33,5mm(W) x 65,2mm(D) x 90mm(H)
Din Rail mountable
Enclosure protection level
All setup should be examined by a qualified technician!
4. Dimensions and Setup
4.1. Add or remove ￼device from the RF network
The device can be add/remove from network with the PAIR button.
4.1.1. Add device to the RF network (Bonding)
To use DPA, all Nodes in the network must be bonded to the Coordinator.
In case the Node is already bonded the red LED once shortly flashes after power on.
If the node is not bonded the red LED is flashing continuously.
To bond node during bond period press the user pushbutton and the node going to bond.
4.1.2. Remove device from the RF network with user button (Unbonding)
- Push the pair button and hold it.
- The CMD led is lighting and the RF led is flashing.
- You have to hold it until the CMD led turn off for the second time.
- Release the button and the device is unbonding.
120 Ohm termination resistor is mounted in the device.
4.2.1. RS485 communication specification
MODBUS RTU with 16 bit CRC
1200, 2400, 4800, 9600 (default)
0-47 user settable
Maximum bus load
60 meters per bus*
*Note that the maximum number of meters is dependent on the converter, baud rate (the higher the baud rate the smaller the number of meters which can be used) and the circumstances under which the meters are installed.
4.2.3. Typical Connections
220.127.116.11. One device
18.104.22.168. More devices
4.3. Mount on DIN Rail
Mount as shown in figure only, with input terminals down, or else sufficient cooling will not be possible.
Admissible DIN rail：TS35/7.5 or TS35/15
For rail fastening：
- Tilt the unit slightly rearwards.
- Fit the unit over top hat rail.
- Slide it downward until it hits the stop.
- Press against the bottom for locking.
- Shake the unit slightly to check the locking action.
5. For your safety
To prevent damage to your product or injury to yourself or to others, read the following safety precautions before using this equipment. Keep these safety instructions where all those who use the product will read them.
- Risk of electrical shock and energy hazard. All failure should be examined by a qualified technician. Please do not remove the case of the device by yourself!
- Risk of electric arcs and electric shock (danger to life). Connecting both the primary and the secondary sides together is not allowed.
- Risk of burn hazard. Do not touch the unit in operation and shortly after disconnection!
- Risk of fire and short circuit. The openings should be protected from foreign objects or dripping liquids.
- Only install the unit in a pollution degree 2 environment (where there is only non-conductive pollution that might temporarily become conductive due to occasional condensation. Generally refer to dry, well-ventilated locations, such as control cabinets.).
- Please do not install the unit in places with high moisture or near the water.
- Output current and output wattage must not exceed the rated value on its specification.
- Disconnect system from supply voltage: Before commencing any installation, maintenance or modification work: Disconnect your system from supply voltage. Make sure that inadvertent connection in circuit will be impossible!
- Note.1: Pollution Degree 2 applies where there is only non-conductive pollution that might temporarily become conductive due to occasional condensation. Generally refer to dry, well-ventilated locations, such as control cabinets.
- Turn off immediately in the event of malfunction
Should you notice smoke or an unusual smell coming from the equipment, power off the equipment and remove the battery immediately, taking care to avoid burns. Continued operation could result in injury.
- This manual included with the product may not be reproduced, translated to any language or used to any other purpose without IQ Home’s written permission.
- IQ Home reserves the right to change specifications described in this manual at any time without prior notice.
- IQ Home will not be held liable for any damages resulted from the use of this product.
- We made as much effort as we could while prepared this manual to make it useful, accurate and complete. If we made mistakes, we appreciate if you contact us and let us know.
This symbol indicates that this product is to be collected separately.
This symbol on the battery indicates that the battery is to be collected separately.
6. Contact Us
IQ HOME Kft.
Address: 1139 Budapest, Forgách utca 32. 5. ép. 3. em. 312., Hungary
©2018 IQHome Kft
[a]Az új képet be kell rakni.
[b]Relés Modul kevesebb mint 1.5W